Here we have another of our patented, massive introductions of our guest German Villages, but did Chris get the research right? Oops. German hosts the amazing Modern Manhood Podcast, a show that examines male mental health and masculinity. He also has a show with some friends about hockey, Your Team Sucks. The discussion in this episode covers being vulnerable males, fronting about your Red Sox fandom, finding your tribe, challenging stereotypes and the subversion in satire.
- A book not recommended by any voice on the podcast, The Game.
- German says Mark Manson’s book Models changed his life.
- Weird coincidence, Chris was reading Manson’s The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck.
- German was a guest on The Awesome Hour.
- Is Millwoods Edmonton’s Bermuda triangle?
- German’s introspection led him to Iron John and The Art of Manliness. Not finding exactly what he wanted, he created his podcast.
- Paul & German school us on the art of satire in South Park.
- There’s a difference between adding to a conversation and exploiting it for shock like Milo Yiannopoulos.
- German encourages people to look at the research of Joseph Gelfer when we talk about masculinity and manhood.
- There are no stupid questions and we just need to be open. Chris is reminded of an article he worked on, “In The Netherlands Sexuality Education Starts At Age 4”.
That’s just part one of our conversation with the empathetic and intelligent host of The Modern Manhood Podcast, German Villegas. As you wait for part two, check out his podcast with the link above or head over to German’s Patreon page and help out. It’s a great show with conversations we need at the moment. You can also find German on Twitter and Instagram.